| || |
Serial No: 21020 Hi, This is probably a dumb question, but how do we load the employee/employer's nominated scheme provider's name in Ace Payroll? Thank you. H J
A person may, at any time, choose the KiwiSaver scheme of which he or she will be a member by contracting directly with the provider of the scheme to become a member of that scheme.
(1) An employer may, at any time, choose a KiwiSaver scheme of which the employer's employees will become members if the employees do not choose their own KiwiSaver scheme.
(2) However, an employer may choose a KiwiSaver scheme under this section only if all new permanent employees of the employer are eligible to be members of the scheme (to the extent that this Act applies to the employees).
(3) In this section, permanent employees means employees other than those employed in temporary employment within the meaning of section 12.
(1) The method by which an employer may choose a KiwiSaver scheme is
(a) by agreeing with the provider that the provider will provide access to the scheme for the employer's employees; and
(b) by giving notice to the Commissioner of
(i) the name, address, and tax file number of the employer; and
(ii) the name, address, and tax file number of both the provider and the chosen KiwiSaver scheme.
(2) The employer's choice of KiwiSaver scheme is effective
(a) as from the date on which the notice in subsection (1)(b) is accepted by the Commissioner, or on any later date specified in the notice; and
(b) until the effective date of the earliest of any of the following notices:
(i) notice given by the employer to the Commissioner of an alternative choice of scheme under subsection (1); or
(ii) notice given by the employer to the Commissioner stating that the employer no longer has a chosen KiwiSaver scheme; or
(iii) notice given by the Commissioner to the employer stating that the employer's choice of KiwiSaver scheme has been revoked by the Commissioner on the grounds that the Commissioner is not satisfied that the scheme is eligible to be the employer's chosen scheme under section 46.